Italytours.eu Pompeii/Sorrento/Positano tour

fishiecrackers

If you've done this specific tour, can you let me know what the stops were in Sorrento and Positano? Did you feel like it was too much, or did you like going to both those cities? Where did the driver take you and what did you do? I'm feeling like maybe both these towns in addition to Pompeii might be a lot for a port day (especially in June since it'll be busier), so for now I've asked if we can spend more time in Positano and either a quick stop or skip Sorrento, but of course it's months away so I can change it back it needed. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I did not do this exact tour but I just did their Amalfi coast tour. We did not stop in Sorrento (not scheduled) but we did stop in the center of Positano. We stopped in 3 towns and walked around each for an hour plus and it was a full 8 hr day. I have read recommendations from valued cc sources to bypass Sorrento and concentrate on the other towns.

The driver stops at photo stops and the center of towns. The views are spectacular and the towns are interesting.

We are planning your exact trip for next June and I’m trying to figure what fits in after Pompeii. If I could only stop in one town I would prefer Amalfi. I enjoyed it much more than Positano

On 10/25/2022 at 4:32 PM, Fishboy1947 said:

I did not do this exact tour but I just did their Amalfi coast tour. We did not stop in Sorrento (not scheduled) but we did stop in the center of Positano. We stopped in 3 towns and walked around each for an hour plus and it was a full 8 hr day. I have read recommendations from valued cc sources to bypass Sorrento and concentrate on the other towns.

The driver stops at photo stops and the center of towns. The views are spectacular and the towns are interesting.

We are planning your exact trip for next June and I’m trying to figure what fits in after Pompeii. If I could only stop in one town I would prefer Amalfi. I enjoyed it much more than Positano

Thanks for the feedback!

We just returned from a cruise on Celebrity's Edge and booked this tour through ItalyTours.EU. Our driver, Salvatore, was funny, conscientious, and gave a great amount of information as we made our way from port to Positano, Sorrento, and Pompeii. Glad we did the stops in that order as there was a MASSIVE traffic jam in one of the tunnels headed away from the port as we were returning.

Before we reached Positano we stopped at a roadside stand for some fresh squeezed orange juice with lemon sorbet (yum!) and many photo opportunities. When we arrived in Positano, Sal parked at a garage/lot and pointed us in the direction of a number of shops and the seashore. After our free time there, we headed back towards Sorrento, where Sal again came through with a recommendation for a spot (Aurora) to get some lunch. Stuffed to the gills, we walked around a bit to burn off some of the calories, then it was off to Pompeii where we met our tour guide Erica. She led us through the site and gave us great insights as to the history of the city. Finally we returned to meet up with Sal and head back to the port in Naples. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour, and be sure to include the guide in Pompeii! It was a busy day, with a lot of walking, but thoroughly enjoyed by all our group.

• Thanks 1