Istanbul: movie suggestions

If you want to get excited for your Istanbul cruise, I highly recommend the movie The Water Diviner with a young Russel Crowe. It is a story about a man searching for the bodies of his three sons who were killed in the battle at Gallipoli. A good portion of this movie takes place in Istanbul. The sights, culture, music, etc are stunning. 

if you like this movie, you will also enjoy Gallipoli, staring Mel Gibson when he was still a teenager. It’s also very moving. It doesn’t take place in Istanbul. However, i

think it would be fun to look for the monument recognizing the battle of Gallipoli as you approach the Dardanelles Strait. Apparently, it’s lit up at night. 

• 3 weeks later...

Or, if you want something more up to date with amazing sights and sounds of Istanbul, there is a great documentary ‘Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul’. 

I absolutely love Istanbul. A day on a cruise is def. not enough. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:58 AM, GreenFamily said:

If you want to get excited for your Istanbul cruise, I highly recommend the movie The Water Diviner with a young Russel Crowe. It is a story about a man searching for the bodies of his three sons who were killed in the battle at Gallipoli. A good portion of this movie takes place in Istanbul. The sights, culture, music, etc are stunning. 

if you like this movie, you will also enjoy Gallipoli, staring Mel Gibson when he was still a teenager. It’s also very moving. It doesn’t take place in Istanbul. However, i

think it would be fun to look for the monument recognizing the battle of Gallipoli as you approach the Dardanelles Strait. Apparently, it’s lit up at night.

When departing Istanbul, our ship's Captain informed everyone to remember to go to the starboard sign as we would be sailing by the Gallipoli monument lit up.  We did and it was wonderful to see as my grand-father fought in the the Gallipoli Campaign. 

• Thanks 1