Seasoned Cruiser considering Seascape Aurea Class / First on MSC

bandp407

Greetings Fellow Cruisers,

DH and I have sailed on about 36 cruises, primarily on Celebrity, RCCL- Oasis ships,  & HAL. We are in our mid and late seventies and have been very satisfied with Celebrity. We enjoy dancing , good food , service and entertainment with an upbeat vibe. Post pandemic we have shyed  away from the Oasis Ships due to the size and perhaps the number of children and families onboard. No offense to anyone. To try something new, we are thinking about the Seascape for November of 2023, right after Thanksgiving. I’ve price both The Yacht Club and Aurea class. The Yacht Club is really out of our price range as we enjoy cruising every few months & it breaks the budget. We also enjoy dining at a table for 2 with the same wait staff each evening. 

One of the negatives that I have heard about is MSC not being able to cater to the US market for those who enjoy ‘healthy’ cuisine, namely wonderful salads for lunch, etc… 

I would greatly appreciate input from those of you familiar with namely Celebrity , MSC ‘s newer ships, Aurea class, live bands onboard, food selections, etc….

Many thanks in advance 

Hi I've said with MSC but in Europe. I imagine the foods vary depending on local market.

The food on MSC - contrary to what you might read in ny experience is good. It's at least as good as standard hotel food in a 3 or 4 star hotel.

On my cruises there's definitely been lots of healthier choices if you want them. Plenty of salads, delicious soups, pastas etc. They serve up red meat a lot in the MDR but there's always a fish option to go for.

Personally I've never chosen Aurea and have never worked out what you get to make it worthwhile but that's down to personal preferences.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bandp407 said:

One of the negatives that I have heard about is MSC not being able to cater to the US market for those who enjoy ‘healthy’ cuisine, namely wonderful salads for lunch, etc… 

Have to agree on this statement - the luncheon salads are wee tiny things, even the cobb salad leaves something to be desired. They do not offer the US equivalent of an entree sized salad.  You can cobble one together in the buffet but it's not a common offering.

1 hour ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

Have to agree on this statement - the luncheon salads are wee tiny things, even the cobb salad leaves something to be desired. They do not offer the US equivalent of an entree sized salad.  You can cobble one together in the buffet but it's not a common offering.

Thank you HipHipOnAShip! More and more thinking this is not for us!