Transferring to another Royal Carib sailing

DT1304

I posted this in the RCCL forum and the response I got was that they are not sure if it applies to non US sailings, so I thought I would repeat my question on here to see if anyone has any experience with this so can give an answer:

I have booked and paid my deposit for an April cruise (South Pacific) but may have to change to a cruise leaving the week before.

I did not want to have to sit on hold with Royal for hours so thought I would check here if anyone has had this occur before, and if Royal allowed the deposit to be transferred to a different sailing or if it is 100% non transferable.

My booking was made directly with RCCL, and NOT through a travel agent

I did this just last week. For a variety of reasons I've actually switched my cruise from a 6-night two person cabin in November this year, to a single person 4-night next March, back to a two person 5- night in February.

Each time I kept the $400 non-refundable deposit (plus some previously applied FCC), but paid a $50-100 change fee (charged immediately, not subtracted from the existing credit)

It will unfortunately take some time on hold, so make a coffee (or pour a whisky). You should end up with exactly the same reservation number. They'll apply whatever price and promo is on at the time, and you'll pay the difference if the new cabin in the new sailing costs more. 

• Like 1

Before you call make sure you know exactly what you want, so run a dummy new booking in the cabin category you're after to see what promo/price difference there will be. 

Also gives you a chance to see what cabins are available and to pick one you like. 

Overall I've been pretty happy with their direct line, despite the wait, each time they seemed genuinely trying to get to the best outcome. 

• Like 2