The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday November 5th, 2022

richwmn

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I am not cheering about the Astros.  Standing independently from my family I cheered for the Phillies, I am a Jersey girl after all.  But when you live in Jersey, you don't root for the Phillies.  LOL.

Last night was our last night with DH's family.  And it was an evening we all shared while under a tornado watch/warning/watch depending in what county each family member was in.  DH and I went downstairs to the guest room, watched Netflix British Baking Show, and finally heard the rain, coming down in buckets.  Last night it was 72 degrees, this morning it was in the mid 40's.  My BIL drove us to the Little Rock airport, we went through thorough scrutiny at the airport.  Several of our bags went through the x ray machine twice...  and flying back to Atlanta was one bumpy trip as we fly through the storm that went over us last night.  They stopped serving coffee half way through the plane, and then the stewardesses were told to sit down and the back of the plane got no coffee or biscuits (cookies).  We  got to Atlanta safely, got to the train, and had to wait for the train to leave.   Got to our stop , there was one gypsy cab, who drove us home for 15.00 bucks, and we headed out to dinner, not Chinese, but Vietnamese (our usual Saturday night meal.)  The cats finally came out of hiding, and DH watched the World Series, and I was trying to catch up with the daily, and clear out 5 days of emails.

Besides my sweet MIL starting dementia, which means that she forgets to put her hearing aids in, and DH is hard of hearing, and I am deaf in one ear, so not only the women in the house are loved, but really no one understood anything of what anyone said.

73cf673d7f2deea10b6cb7aac4016bb3.jpg

Annie, we've rooted for various teams depending on where we lived.  We lived in north Jersey during the time of the miracle Mets, and rooted for them.  My mother was a die hard Brooklyn Dodgers fan and might have disowned me if I rooted for the Yankees.  Later, we lived in southeast PA and followed the Phillies.  However, living in the Houston area for 14 years, we became Astros fans, and even moving near the DFW area in 1999 didn't change that.

I'm glad you made it home safely even if the flight was bumpy.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1