apostrophe in last name

gopatriots

Any other Celebrity passengers out there with an apostrophe in their last name? We are first time Celebrity passengers sailing in January.  Our last name includes an apostrophe and the apostrophe appears on our US Passports.  Just received our documents with no apostrophe on our Celebrity documents.  For example, last name O'Malley and cruise documents say O Malley.  Does Celebrity not recognize the apostrophe in their system?  Anyone else have this issue?   From experience, when this happens our last name becomes Malley and middle initial incorrectly appears as O.  Trying to avoid any last minute issues with slightly different names on documents vs. passports.

They do not accept hyphens either! My first name is hyphenated ( Jo-Anna) and my passport contains it. Have cruised a lot And only once had someone question it at check in. HOWEVER, the main problem is with your Captain Club numbers or past cruising info/history. I have had to have accounts merged more than once over the last 20 years. You would think it would be accepted by now. It has been changed to Jo A or combined to joanna. Our last name is McGrath and have also had issues with a space placed between the Mc and the Grath! 
But the check in should be OK and if not the supervisor always understands. 
Otherwise, Love Celebrity, enjoy your cruise

Jo-Anna

My daughters married name has an apostrophe in her passport but TSA, the airlines and all the cruise lines we've been on don't care. However she hasn't had a space between the first and second letter. If there is a space they might look at it as a middle name. 

Edited by clyde3