Medjet

shuguley

11 hours ago, sabreline said:

We use Global Rescue for him because they didn't require a doctor's signature whenMedJet did.

Oh... yeah, the diamond thing. I have MedJet for my mom too (82) and went thru MedJet's process for her. I didn't know the other didn't require the doctor's form. But I just went and looked and read GR can deny service based on preexisting conditions. I think I'd rather go thru the MedJet hopps upfront and know before she went if something was going to be a problem / not covered so am sticking with MJ.

Just read an interesting article about a man from New Hampshire who had a stroke in Curacao while on a cruise. His family was distraught because they did not feel the hospital he was being treated in was good enough. Their insurance....Allianz....would not pay for his return to an American hospital because, as the policy CLEARLY states, they will cover transportation to the CLOSEST adequate hospital. That is in almost every policy. They made a big stink in the media and now Allianz is going to pay for him to come home. THIS is why you have a MedJet policy!!!!!!

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 3/23/2023 at 6:23 AM, sabreline said:

Just read an interesting article about a man from New Hampshire who had a stroke in Curacao while on a cruise. His family was distraught because they did not feel the hospital he was being treated in was good enough. Their insurance....Allianz....would not pay for his return to an American hospital because, as the policy CLEARLY states, they will cover transportation to the CLOSEST adequate hospital. That is in almost every policy. They made a big stink in the media and now Allianz is going to pay for him to come home. THIS is why you have a MedJet policy!!!!!!

I actually now have Allianz annual plan and just got Medjet Horizon because I had booked a cruise and forgotten to renew (so preexisting conditions won’t be covered, so now I need GeoBlue also for that trip also!) But generally, perhaps both are warranted— perhaps Allianz will get someone to the local hospital and Medjet will get them home. 

Any idea of medjet horizon will help in an attack where the conflict is ongoing (such as Israel)?