Carnival Luminosa Shore Excursion Prebooking?

Hello!

I've recently booked a cruise on the Carnival Luminosa Dec 18th - 26th.  My first cruise.

I've been trying to pre-book Shore Excursions on this cruise, however for all the excursions listed on the website, there appears to be no way to book them in advance. There is no "Add to cart" button on the website. Also, some of the excursions are already marked as "Sold Out" with no tickets available.

I don't have any ad blockers running etc.

I tried calling Carnival and they did try to be very helpful. They said that there is no way to book the Shore Excursions in advance, and that they had to be booked on board the ship.

When I pointed out that some of the excursions are marked as completely sold out, they were unable to explain this and stuck to saying book them on the ship, apparently the website used to work but doesn't now. They recommended I book non Carnival tours in advance!!!!!!!

I hope someone more experienced that I is able to help me here,  I don't have confidence that this information is correct, I fear I'm going to show up on the Carnival website in a few days or indeed on the ship on the day and all shore excursions going to be booked out. Why are some already marked as booked out now?

If this information is true then what happens at boarding? Is there a massive rush to some desk on board the ship where folk are fighting over some spaces on shore excursions?

I'm feeling a bit deflated and uninformed at the moment and lack some confidence in Carnival in this (my first) cruise.

If someone with more experience than I in these matters knows what is going on then I'd love to know. Other than this issue, the pre cruise setup website seems easy & great.

Thank you in advance 🙂

They are cheaper to book off the ship, in Noumea there are plenty of shore excursions as soon as you disembark. I’d say you can’t add them to cart due to the Luminosa being new to the fleet, if you have the Hub app add the excursions your interested in to favourites then once your onboard you can go to the excursions desk. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lessThanThree said:

Hello!

I've recently booked a cruise on the Carnival Luminosa Dec 18th - 26th.  My first cruise.

I've been trying to pre-book Shore Excursions on this cruise, however for all the excursions listed on the website, there appears to be no way to book them in advance. There is no "Add to cart" button on the website. Also, some of the excursions are already marked as "Sold Out" with no tickets available.

I don't have any ad blockers running etc.

I tried calling Carnival and they did try to be very helpful. They said that there is no way to book the Shore Excursions in advance, and that they had to be booked on board the ship.

When I pointed out that some of the excursions are marked as completely sold out, they were unable to explain this and stuck to saying book them on the ship, apparently the website used to work but doesn't now. They recommended I book non Carnival tours in advance!!!!!!!

I hope someone more experienced that I is able to help me here,  I don't have confidence that this information is correct, I fear I'm going to show up on the Carnival website in a few days or indeed on the ship on the day and all shore excursions going to be booked out. Why are some already marked as booked out now?

If this information is true then what happens at boarding? Is there a massive rush to some desk on board the ship where folk are fighting over some spaces on shore excursions?

I'm feeling a bit deflated and uninformed at the moment and lack some confidence in Carnival in this (my first) cruise.

If someone with more experience than I in these matters knows what is going on then I'd love to know. Other than this issue, the pre cruise setup website seems easy & great.

Thank you in advance 🙂

No you can’t pre book any shore excursions so you need to wait until your onboard and the same for drink packages

when you go into your booking there is a note saying that it can’t be done

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

No you can’t pre book any shore excursions so you need to wait until your onboard and the same for drink packages

when you go into your booking there is a note saying that it can’t be done

This is very helpful, thank you very much. I haven't seen the note but I'll have a look over the booking again. Cheers.