Back from an amazing AOS cruise!

Curacao: We didn't make any plans for this island. The boys were exhausted so my husband and I walked into town, leaving them asleep in their cabin. I wanted to see the synagogue, so we walked around until we found it. There is also a Jewish museum that contains so many artifacts. We saw a Torah scroll from 1320 behind a glass window. We don't know how it looked so incredible because the glass case was not temperature or humidity controled. It was a regualr case, like one would see in a store. The Torah was immaculate, the Hebrew still intact and dark and very readable. (Well, for those of us who can read Hebrew.)

We give Curacao :D :D :D :D !

Sounds like you had a great time. We are going on the AOS in August. Regarding the synagogue, were you able to walk to it from the dock or did you have to get a taxi into town? Thanks!

Since the floating bridge is out of commission for repairs, there are free ferries that take people from one side of the water to the other. (When you get off the ship, turn right and follow the pretty brick pathway. The ferry is on the right side of the road.)

When we got to "the other side", we got a map at an info booth and walked. It's only a few short blocks away. (The blocks really are very short.) The whole is area is a shopping district with stores and shops on both sides of the streets. The streets are named so they are easy to follow. The synagogue is amazing. I am so glad we went to see it. Once inside there is a basket of kippot for the gentlemen to wear as well as a guest book to sign. Enjoy!

Sounds like you had a great time. We are going on the AOS in August. Regarding the synagogue' date=' were you able to walk to it from the dock or did you have to get a taxi into town? Thanks![/quote']

Archived