Viking Retail on Board

OKCowboy

We just returned from our second Viking Ocean cruise where we found the on board store inventories very deleted. I've wanted to purchased Viking logo polos, fleece, etc. and found it only available in size small, if at all. Inventory of pewter and silver was significantly reduced. Some Georg Jensen pieces had only one piece available for sale.I don't think management appreciates the marketing value of cruisers who wear logo clothing. You would think this would be a profit center, but lack of stock precludes any 'profit'. In the past we have booked our next cruise to take advantage of the additional on-board credit but there was little we could spend it on.

15 minutes ago, OKCowboy said:

We just returned from our second Viking Ocean cruise where we found the on board store inventories very deleted. I've wanted to purchased Viking logo polos, fleece, etc. and found it only available in size small, if at all. Inventory of pewter and silver was significantly reduced. Some Georg Jensen pieces had only one piece available for sale.I don't think management appreciates the marketing value of cruisers who wear logo clothing. You would think this would be a profit center, but lack of stock precludes any 'profit'. In the past we have booked our next cruise to take advantage of the additional on-board credit but there was little we could spend it on.

There are supply chain issues just about everywhere. I just received a pre-cruise email to purchase Viking branded Helly Hansen Clothing from their online store and there is no Viking branded clothing available.

Most of this merchandise comes from China and it is in the middle of another COVID lockdown. As an example, Apple’s new iPhone is in short supply and they are moving some of their production to India.

I have a relative who works for a major sports company and there is a world wide shortage of printing capacity. They are taking whatever is available and the result is an extreme drop in quality.

Expect this to continue for the foreseeable future. It takes time to build alternate manufacturing facilities.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 3