Star Legend - three adults in a cabin?

BostonBoy2

My wife and I were just about to pull the trigger on a Barcelona-Athens cruise next year. We are first time cruisers.

Today our 28 yr. old daughter visited us and said, "can I come"? My wife immediately said "yes."

Me: "how ahh ... will you get off work"

Daughter: "that's my problem pops, don't bother yerself"

Huh, ok.

I know she can share hotel rooms w/us in Madrid, Barcelona and Athens pre- and post-cruise, but I'm wondering about the ship cabin. Do we have to fork over another ten grand to get her a separate cabin, or can we get a cabin that will comfortably (ok, ok, semi- semi- comfortably) hold three people.

We are all pretty small people - wife and I are tall but skinny. Daughter is 5' 1", 120 pounds. 🙂 

T'hanks!

We just got off the Star Breeze and our suite had a sofa bed that converts to a full (maybe a double) bed. My partner told me that three is the maximum for that cabin, it was a higher level cabin though (deck 7 balcony) in the new section of the ship. I can’t comment on the surcharge, sorry.

Cabins with a third berth are marked on the deck plan. There are not a lot 2 to 4 in most categories so you should contact Windstar to see if one is available in your category.

Cabins have a good sized sitting area with a couch and two chairs so there should be adequate space to be comfortable during the day. 

I have no experience with the comfort level of the 3rd berth. 

Some cruises have a reduced solo supplement (generally 25%) and the normal solo supplement is 75%. I don't know what Windstar charges for a 3rd person in a room. 

Edit: The spring Barcelona to Athens is on the reduced solo supplement list, the one on Star Legend in the fall is not so you might consider whether the spring dates could work. Or, if you book the three of you sharing a room, you might check the reduced solo supplement list from time to time and change the booking to two rooms if it gets added.

Edited by new_cruiser

On 12/17/2022 at 7:54 PM, new_cruiser said:

Cabins with a third berth are marked on the deck plan. There are not a lot 2 to 4 in most categories so you should contact Windstar to see if one is available in your category.

Cabins have a good sized sitting area with a couch and two chairs so there should be adequate space to be comfortable during the day. 

I have no experience with the comfort level of the 3rd berth. 

Some cruises have a reduced solo supplement (generally 25%) and the normal solo supplement is 75%. I don't know what Windstar charges for a 3rd person in a room. 

Edit: The spring Barcelona to Athens is on the reduced solo supplement list, the one on Star Legend in the fall is not so you might consider whether the spring dates could work. Or, if you book the three of you sharing a room, you might check the reduced solo supplement list from time to time and change the booking to two rooms if it gets added.

Could you provide the link to this information, please?

3 hours ago, BostonBoy2 said:

Could you provide the link to this information, please?

There were several pieces of info in my post. Not clear which you are requesting a link for. Hopefully one of these covers it.

On:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/ships/star-legend/

scroll to the bottom and choose View Deck Plan which opens a pdf of the deck plan. Look at the key for the symbol indicating 3rd birth. The deck plan also shows a typical cabin layout. 

The waived and reduced solo supplement page is:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/reduced-single-supplement/

We(my mom, my sister and I - all adults) have done 3 in a room twice. Once we had a balcony room(french balcony so you can only stand on it), once was an ocean view. The rooms were both the same size. There is a curtain you can pull between the beds and the sofa. My sister usually takes the sofa bed, so not sure about comfort, but she has never complained, so assuming it is OK. 

21 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

There were several pieces of info in my post. Not clear which you are requesting a link for. Hopefully one of these covers it.

On:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/ships/star-legend/

scroll to the bottom and choose View Deck Plan which opens a pdf of the deck plan. Look at the key for the symbol indicating 3rd birth. The deck plan also shows a typical cabin layout. 

The waived and reduced solo supplement page is:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/reduced-single-supplement/

Thank you! - both of these are helpful

13 hours ago, anadi said:

We(my mom, my sister and I - all adults) have done 3 in a room twice. Once we had a balcony room(french balcony so you can only stand on it), once was an ocean view. The rooms were both the same size. There is a curtain you can pull between the beds and the sofa. My sister usually takes the sofa bed, so not sure about comfort, but she has never complained, so assuming it is OK. 

Thanks very much