Ship Excursions - Rovinj, Croatia

IpswichChris

Rovinj in Croatia will be the very first port on our first cruise ever, so we want to book a ship excursion to ease into this kind of travel.  Windstar offers an excursion to Motovun; one to Porec which includes a wine tasting; and one to Pula which includes olive oil tasting.  Anyone have suggestions as to which of these 3 places is the most worthwhile?  Kind of leaning toward Motovun now but would love to hear from someone who has been to Rovinj.  

You certainly have picked a great ship and itinerary for a first time cruise. I don't think there's a bad choice for your time in Rovinj, even if you decided to spend the day in port touring the city.  For me it would be a tossup between Motovun and Porec with Pula close behind. It's too bad there's not time for all three. Istria is a beautiful part of Croatia. 

Rovinj is one of my favorite ports. We have been twice and never did an excursion- it is easily walkable on your own. It is one of the last places I would want to spend time in a bus- too much to see just walking around the city and the harbors!