Best Western - South Beach

DEERINH2O

Can someone please give me some feedback on the hotel. I just won it for a night pre cruise on Priceline.

Is it a OK area. I have kids with me (all teens) can we walk to the beach?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

The exact address would have been more helpful. South Beach is not exactly the greatest place for teens, unless they have been exposed to a lot. Washington Ave. can have a dirty look to it in parts, but walk the 2 blocks to Ocean Drive and all is beautiful. Depending on where on Washington you need to be aware of your surroundings after dark.

I'm sorry, thanks for the help.

Here is the exact address

South Beach

1050 Washington Avenue

Miami Beach, Florida 33139

Do you think it would be better to rent a car? We are flying into FLL, sailing out of Miami, I heard the parking in South Beach was bad, but I heard a taxi or shuttle was even more expensive??????

thanks for all the help.

Kathy

Can't vouch for the quality of the hotel, but that address is fine. Kids will enjoy eating at the Eleventh Street Diner on Collins at 11th. Walk another block to the Art Deco Welcome Center on Ocean Drive at 10th. They can give you lots of information. There are public parking garages within a couple of blocks of your hotel.

Cost of a cab is around $70 but will all your luggage fit? Shared ride from kiosks just outside baggage claim at FLL runs $18 pp. Details at http://www.floridalimo.com

I would definitely consider renting a car, even a minivan. Alamo has had some good prices around $40. No drop fee from FLL to MIA. Rental facility is very convenient at FLL. When going to the pier, my suggestion is to drop off all of your party except driver, and all of your luggage at the pier which you will come to on your way back to the airport to return the car. Then driver can take free shuttle back to pier. Call rental company to confirm that shuttle is running on day you need it, and be sure driver has all papers with him necessary for check in for the cruise.

If you rent from Avis, I think they may have a return location even more convenient, right in downtown Miami.

Just reverse the process to return to FLL if you have the time.

We got a van/taxi at the airport and it cost us about $30 for our trip to Miami Beach. That cost was for all of us and our luggage. About the same price to get to the port. From what we saw most hotels were charging $15-20 pernight for parking. If your not planning on doing anything else with the car then skip the hassle....

Funcruiser

Archived