Can you book specialty dining in advance with premier package credits?

jonnyenglish1

Hi Everyone

I believe i know the answer to this question as i have done it for my last cruise with the premier package.

Simply you see a sign that says you have a dining credit, book with it. it comes up in the APP and it utilises the Premier included dining and no charge.

However, i did this again for a cruise in April, probably 3 weeks ago. Looking at my credit card statement i noticed 2 new charges from Princess for the speciallty dining. I had not allocated and approved this card for this next trip, nor when i ordered the dining it was noted i would be charged. It was very clear on the APP i was using the credits!

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Interestingly the APP seemed to have forgotten my details, so i had to re-link my booking from my cruise booking reference (it would not accept my login details. I suspect this is the cause of the issue. However i am concerned that Princess can charge a card i haven't approved for this cruise, nor in the process of booking the dining it was identified that this would be charged. What was identified during the dining booking was i was using my pre-purchased credit.

I spoke to Princess and emailed them, and they told me Premier package holders cannot pre-book the specialty dining credit on the APP,  a charge to the credit card will always be generated. This is clearly untrue from my November cruise.  Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? 

I get frustrated when Princess reps say somethings which are patently not correct despite direct evidence.

many thanks in advance if anyone has experienced any similar issues.

Jonny