NCL dawn with a party of 13...

I am going on a cruise with my entire family mid April equaling 13 people. There will be 8 adults, 4 children, and 1 toddler. I was wondering how we would go about dinner plans and such with a large group. Also, will there be enough high chairs in all the resturaunts or will we have to request one in advance? Any other tips are welcomed. Thanks a bunch :)

Auntie - with a group that large it will be impossible for all of you to dine together in the main diningrooms, as the tables just are not suitable for those types of arrangements every night. Also, since you are traveling with a number of teenagers it's very likely that they will prefer to dine often at the buffet or the Blue Lagoon, rather than sit through a 2+ hour dinner every night.

I would strongly suggest meeting with the Maitre'd on embarkation day and allowing him to understand the size of your group and determine how to best accomodate your needs. ;)

Have a wonderful time!

We just got back from the Dawn with a group of 36. You can eat together but reserve the tables. Sometimes they gave us tables of 8, sometimes 10 and sometimes several 4's. It can be done. If you don't reserve them in advance, be prepared to wait! I just went to the reservation desk on desk 7 every day and told them the dining room we wanted and how many people.

We did see tables set for, at least, 12 in Venetian many times.

Just get your reservation in early. Especially if you want a window table.

Speak to the Maitre'd, at least, the day before:)

They are there to please and they will try to accomodate your request.

Archived