Flying into Sydney pre-cruise question

calmjac

I am grateful to all for your suggestions and can see that absolutely everything will have to work in our favour to get onboard at Sydney!  
We cannot make a change without losing the entire amount for our tickets - $4000, so the itinerary will have to stay.  We have the Platinum Plus insurance through Princess, which should reimburse us for cheaper hotel rooms until we board.  I am not too stressed out because the cruise is long, so we do not mind missing the first few days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 9:32 AM, calmjac said:

I am grateful to all for your suggestions and can see that absolutely everything will have to work in our favour to get onboard at Sydney!  
We cannot make a change without losing the entire amount for our tickets - $4000, so the itinerary will have to stay.  We have the Platinum Plus insurance through Princess, which should reimburse us for cheaper hotel rooms until we board.  I am not too stressed out because the cruise is long, so we do not mind missing the first few days.

Good luck with your flights and cruise.  We have cruised out of Sydney twice before the pandemic.  What a wonderful port city.  We did have a near air snafu with our first trip where our ORD-LAX flight was delayed because of winter weather (and a limited number of ORD de-icing trucks).  We originally were scheduled to have a 4 hour layover but that got completely eaten up by the delays.  United had to re-open the plane door to let us board our LAX-SYD connection (whew).  Passengers who were supposed to catch their LAX-SIN missed their plane (originally a 3 hr connection).