2 Cruise Tour Questions (Alaska) Denali to McKinley & Saved List

sirclean

How far (long) is the train ride from the lodge in Denali to McKinley?

My first Princess Experience (to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary) was a Cruise Tour that included a wonderful train ride from Talkeetna (I think)  to the ship in Whittier.  That was a Great Experience and I  would not mind doing that trip again. The cruise tour I am looking at now for 2024 starts in Fairbanks and includes a train ride from the Denali to McKinley lodge.  How does this compare?  Is it a long journey (in distance or time?)  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, I have tried to save the Cruise Tour agendas in my Saved list, but when going back, it seems that I only have the ship portion, not the tour portion, meaning I have to start all the way over.  Am I looking in the wrong place, or is this usual?

Thanks!!

Denali to McKinley lodge is about 100 or miles apart, so that train ride won't be terribly long.  When we were deciding on our cruise tour, we opted to not go to McKinley as it seemed we were just there overnight, with no real opportunity to explore.  We also did NOT want to be on bus to the cruise port, and many of the land options were a bus to Whittier.  We elected to take the CB3 cruise tour.  We will fly into Fairbanks and overnight there, take a riverboat tour, followed by a bus ride to DNP.  We will stay 2 nights there, and take the train to the ship.  We felt it gave us what we were looking for.  Have fun planning.