Best Beach in Costa Maya

KristiFree

Looking for a beautiful, and hopefully not too crowded beach. Food, drinks, chairs, etc...and one that has taxi service too and from?

We will be there the week of Dec. 10th and I am just starting to look at the opportunities.

thanks!

Try Maya Palms, it is truly a beautiful resort. You take a bus and then taxi to the resort, it takes a about 20 minutes to get there, but well worth it. There a plenty of chairs/tables/hammocks, good drinks and food, fresh water pool. Our group of 13 were there Feb. 1, we had a wonderful day. Only about 6 other people there except for us, private beach with kayak rental included. Great people run the place.

Has anyone just "dropped in" and bought an all-inclusive package at the resort? Is there a booth at the pier? The website prominently displays the message, "This Is An Exclusive Resort..." so it looks like they aren't exactly encouraging folks to just show up. We were thinking of just taking a look at the beach area in Majahual, and if we like it, fine, we park ourselves and enjoy. But if we don't like what we see, we pack up and head down the road to Maya Palms. What do you think?

I'm almost positive that you have to book with them ahead of time. They only take around 20 people or so, which is good, def. no crowds. I'd try to contact them and ask for sure. We didn't see anything as nice as we rode through town, we were glad we went there. Beautiful place, perfect day!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.pezquadro.com/ Try this beach bar located in Mahahual - here is the link which will give you an overview, pictures etc., but take it from me is worth the $ 30 per person...a $ 2 taxi fare takes you there from the ship.....I enjoyed this place greatly in Dec 2004 and am going back week of April 9th on the explorer

Enjoy

Vince

http://www.pezquadro.com/ Try this beach bar located in Mahahual - here is the link which will give you an overview, pictures etc., but take it from me is worth the $ 30 per person...a $ 2 taxi fare takes you there from the ship.....I enjoyed this place greatly in Dec 2004 and am going back week of April 9th on the explorer

Enjoy

Vince

Hi Vince!

Is there food available in the price?

Thanks for any info.

We were in Costa Maya last week on the Norwegian Sun. We wanted something a little less crowded since it was Senior Week, so we ventured into the town of Majahual. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. There were 13 of us and we each paid $3 for the taxi, which was an open-air tram. The ride took only about five minutes or so. The fare back was $2 pp with many cabs lined up ready at any time.

We sat directly in front of "The Cat's Meow" restaurant. This was probably the 2nd beach on the way into town. We didn't venture any further to find anything else because this area was stunning. We spent $55 for beer and soda for the entire day for the 13 of us. Not bad when you compare that to $39 pp for another popular beach break party. The snorkeling there was wonderful, especially along the wooden fence. Shopping was tons of fun! The locals are very, very friendly. Many in our party sat under the covered canopy after a very sunny ship day the day before. There were tables with plastic tablecloths and lots of shade. Lounge chair rentals were $5, but very well worth it. Lots and lots to do here. I didn't eat, but the kids did and loved whatever it was that they got! This was one of the highlights of our trip. We will never forget Majahual.

I will post a full review on a new thread.

SailingSwan,

Where there wave runners to rent at this beach? Other water activities?

Thanks

I see you live close by! We are in Parkville.

They had jet skis, banana boats, and para sailing, probably other things further down the beach. Rates were very reasonable. We had jet ski reservations, but they were canceled at the last minute because it was windy. I seem to remember $40 for 30 minutes.

Archived