RCCL vs. Celebrity???

I've done 4 RCCL Cruises and was considering a Celebrity....what ship is equivilent to a Voayer class? What are the advantages/diadvantages of Celebrity vs RCCL?

Apples and Oranges...

There isn't really a "similar" ship...

Obviously, the size is different...

As of RIGHT NOW (Celebrity has a couple of larger ships on order), the largest Celebrity ships are the "M-Class"--Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation...They're 91,000 gross tons (far short of the Voyager Class, but plenty bg enough for most people)...

But, the differences go far beyond size...

First, rather than consider size, consider the passenger-to-space ratios...This tells you how "roomy" the ship will be...Who cares if a ship is large or small if there's a disproportionate number of passengers on board?

The M-Class sail, at double occupancy, with 2,032 passengers on the 91,000 ton ship...

The Voyager Class sail with 3,114 onboard a 138,000 gross ton ship...

Somewhat surprisingly, there's very little difference--only a slight edge to the M-Class...But, the bottom line is that if you like the spaciousness of the Voyager, you will be even more comfortable on the M-Class...

But, the real differences are in terms of amenities and style...

First, as to amenities, what you WON'T find on Celebrity are the more youth-oriented amenities--no rock climbing wall, no ice rink, no roller blading track, no Johnny Rocket's...The space is used for more adult and more luxurious amenities--larger bars and lounges, larger spa...

The cabins are, for the most part, similar size...inside cabins on Voyager are 160 sf, on M-Class, they're 170 sf...

Outside on Voyager are mostly 173 to 202, on M-Class, they're 170 to 191

The Voyager Junior Suites are 277 sf and Family Ocean Views are 265, M-Class Sky Suites are 251 and Family Ocean Views are 271...

So, all things considered, the main differences are the "amenities"

What is also different is the food, the service and the "style"...

I think the food and service on Celebrity is a big step up (not that there's anything wrong with food and service on RCCL)...and the style is a little more "formal" and more "adult"...

I am a "Diamond" C&A member on RCCL and an "Elite" CC member on Celebrity...I like RCCL...but I LOVE Celebrity...

If you are ready for a little step up, you might want to go ahead and try Celebrity...just don't expect to be ice skating and rock climbing...Expect more to be sipping martinis and visiting the spa...

Archived