New Gratuity Charge Attached to Specialty Dining Reservation

3boyz2keep

Interesting change to making reservations for specialty dining ahead of time. I had booked us in Eden on our Beyond cruise for Feb 2024 and realized our reservation was for the same night as the Super Bowl. We'll enjoy participating in whatever is going on for Super Bowl so wanted to switch nights. Changed the reservation for another night and a gratuity charge of 18% was added to our new reservation. ($140 for 2 of us as opposed to $120). I'm sure that when we booked our cruise in the Retreat that gratuities were included. Will have to find our paperwork. I'm not going to complain over $20 but I did find it a little strange. 

4 minutes ago, 3boyz2keep said:

Interesting change to making reservations for specialty dining ahead of time. I had booked us in Eden on our Beyond cruise for Feb 2024 and realized our reservation was for the same night as the Super Bowl. We'll enjoy participating in whatever is going on for Super Bowl so wanted to switch nights. Changed the reservation for another night and a gratuity charge of 18% was added to our new reservation. ($140 for 2 of us as opposed to $120). I'm sure that when we booked our cruise in the Retreat that gratuities were included. Will have to find our paperwork. I'm not going to complain over $20 but I did find it a little strange. 

This is not new. It’s been in place since at least early fall. Does not make a difference if you’re booked in the retreat. Everyone who books specialty dining pays the gratuity.

1 minute ago, cruisingator2 said:

This is not new. It’s been in place since at least early fall. Does not make a difference if you’re booked in the retreat. Everyone who books specialty dining pays the gratuity.

Thanks. I had booked that first Eden reservation prior to the fall, I suppose why it wasn't included in the previous reservation.

8 minutes ago, 3boyz2keep said:

Thanks. I had booked that first Eden reservation prior to the fall, I suppose why it wasn't included in the previous reservation.

8 minutes ago, 3boyz2keep said:

It probably would have been added but you are in for a real treat, don’t worry about the gratuity.

• Like 1