Not getting open bar

thefourhills

40 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No. It is not included in the MDR or any specialty dining. 

Interesting...so just ask for "coffee" in the MDR/restaurants and they will bring you non-Starbucks coffee that is included?  

I swear..they are making this stuff intentionally confusing...

18 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Right.  Bartenders will always ring your card for alcohol (or bottled water) because they can tie that back to inventory.  There are x shots in a bottle, we sold y shots, so we should have gone through z bottles.  For fountain drinks they don't watch it as closely.  In my experience, if I'm at a bar where I'm not known, they take my card for everything.  If they know me, they'll generally just swipe the alcohol (or they'll swipe the fountain drink just once.)

Onthe BA in December we hung out around the Vibe (not inside but at the outer bar). Terrific bartenders, but after the first day or so, they didn’t swipe our cards all the time, I’d say about 70% of the time.  I only got a non alcoholic drink once.  I don’t know how they keep up with inventory, but I wrote it off to the bar being very busy with just one register.  But I always took my card with me, just in case.

On 1/23/2023 at 6:30 PM, Monica887 said:

I never drink $300 worth of drinks so it's not worth it. I'll have a few drinks, but definitely not nearly 3 a day or whatever will make it worth it. 

18 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Right.  Bartenders will always ring your card for alcohol (or bottled water) because they can tie that back to inventory.  There are x shots in a bottle, we sold y shots, so we should have gone through z bottles.  For fountain drinks they don't watch it as closely.  In my experience, if I'm at a bar where I'm not known, they take my card for everything.  If they know me, they'll generally just swipe the alcohol (or they'll swipe the fountain drink just once.)

Remember that $300 charge is for two people, so just $150 per person on a 7 day cruise that is $24/day.   Depending on what you’re drinking that’s about two drinks.