Carnival Legend Wedding Questions!

Vidimom

My Brother in law and his fiancee are getting married on the Legend November 27th. Need some questions answered from any of you that have gotten married on this ship.

1.) What time were you told to be at the port? How long after you arrived did you board?

2.) We have been told that the capacity of the chapel is 35. Did any of you have more than that in the chapel or did you have to move your wedding to another location?

3.) Does the entire party have to board together? The bride doesn't want the groom seeing her that day and would like two separate boardings to make sure.

4.) How much time after you boarded before the actual ceremony? Were your cabins ready for the entire party or just the bride and groom?

5.) Did any of you have a ring bearer and did you rent his tux through the cruiseship?

6.) We will be living in Boca Raton by the time we cruise, about 30 minutes from the port and need transportation for the group. We don't want to take 10 cars to the pier and pay $96.00 per car for parking when we can leave them at home. Any companies offer shuttle service from Boca Raton to the pier?

7.) Several in the group are wondering if the open bar is limited to "housebrands" for drinks or can they drink "top shelf"? Also, do they have a tipping jar for the bartender/waitstaff to show our appreciation for those really "GOOD" drinks?

8.) They would like our daughter to sing during the ceremony. Is there a sound system in there with a mike or will she just have to sing louder (not a problem for her anyway)?

9.) We any of you upgraded to a suite since you had your wedding on board? They are already booked in a balcony cabin but we would love to see them bumped up to a suite if at all possible. Just want to find out if there is a chance of this happening.

10.) What room was your reception held in. They have booked the Deluxe Package with the reception?

I know there are alot of questions here, but if you can answer a few, any would be highly appreciated! icon_smile.gif

Sensation 9/98 10th anniv.

Big Red Boat 5/99

Ecstasy 10/00

Destiny 9/01 The week of 911

Victory 10/01

Imagination 12/20/01

Imagination 2/4/02

Zuiderdam 9/6/03 - 15th anniv.

Carnival Legend 11/27/04

Happiness is being on a cruise

with the one you love!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Legend Here We Come 11/27

I am getting Married on the Legend 5/15/04. However, mine will be slightly different because it is leaving from NYC at that time. I'll answer whatever I can. I'll also come back after the wedding to answer some of your other more specific ship questions. Just in case I forget, you can e-mail me at kelly.boyle@chase.com.

1) We were told to be at the port by 11:30 AM. I told all of my guests 11 AM.

2) I was told the Chapel can hold 40. Including myself and my fiance, we have 48 (includes 2 children). I called Carnival because I have my heart set on getting married in the Chapel. They said a few people can stand if I am OK with that. I am! It will only be about 15 minutes. My reception will be in the piano bar next door. I hired a piano player.

3) Not sure about two separate boardings. As far as I know everyone must be together before they will board your group.

I can't really answer the rest of the questions. Hope this helps.

Grand Princess - May'03

Voyager of the Seas - Sept. '02

NCL - Mar. '02

Carnival Paradise - Sept. '01

Carnival Triumph - Aug. '99

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;05;15;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500  till my 5/15/04 Wedding on Carnival Legend!

I hope you are right about the count allowed in the Chapel. My Brother In Law was told 35! They are really stressing since they already have that many and more and invitations haven't even gone out. It's the old invite yourself, they won't mind syndrome going on in the family.

It is becoming a major family argument!!!!

They told him only 35 because of fire code. I wonder if they were referring to 35 sitting plus the wedding party. Who did you talk to in the wedding department? Maybe he could call and talk to the same person and get the correct information.

I know you must be getting excited as yours is so close! We would love to hear all about it when you return from your honeymoon and if you have pictures, that would be a great bonus. It's nice to know that Billie's Bar is where you are having the reception. It's beautiful from the pictures and virtual tour we have looked at.

Thanks for the info you have been able to give. Every little question answered helps!

Susan

Big Red Boat 5/99

Ecstasy 10/00

Victory 10/01

Imagination 12/20/01

Imagination 2/4/02

Carnival Legend 11/27/04

with the one you love!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Just an update. We called the wedding department and found out that they can have more than 35 if and only if they write a letter to the wedding coordinator stating that you are aware that some guest will have to stand and you are ok with this.

The wedding department said that all of the chapels have a capacity of 35.

Big Red Boat 5/99

Ecstasy 10/00

Victory 10/01

Imagination 12/20/01

Imagination 2/4/02

Carnival Legend 11/27/04

with the one you love!

• 3 weeks later...

Just bringing up my original post to see if anyone out there can answer any of the questions about the Legend.

Would love to see pictures from a wedding on the Legend if anyone has any.

Big Red Boat 5/99

Ecstasy 10/00

Victory 10/01

Imagination 12/20/01

Imagination 2/4/02

Carnival Legend 11/27/04

with the one you love!

• 6 months later...

Archived