Beach Club vs Resort for a day

TorontoCubaGirl

We are trying to decide between a beach club (Playa Mia or Paradise Beach) and a resort for a day pass at Iberostar Cozumel. I'm looking for really good food, as well as fun activities for two 9 year olds and an 11 year old. Even though Playa Mia seems to have the best facilities for the kiddos, I'm not sold, as I've heard the food is not great. How is Iberostar Cozumel? Is there a reason I should pick a beach club over the resort? And finally, we would love to do a snorkeling excursion once at the beach. Do any of the beach clubs or resorts offer this? I've heard great things about the snorkeling trip from Playa Palancar, but not sure the kids would find enough to do there for the rest of the day.

The food was good at Paradise Beach! My 12 & 15 year old really loved the inflatables and there were younger kids also having a great time out there. Paradise Beach also has a pool. 

However, the sandy beaches with inflatables for the kids tend to not have the best snorkeling from shore. There's better snorkeling up by Chankanaab/Money Bar where the shore is rocky and the water colder. 

If you have another port stop (Roatan?) maybe save your snorkeling for there? I can't speak to whether you can get a boat trip out from Paradise Beach for snorkeling.