Which MDR do you prefer on Glory

lrk

The only difference between the two is location and time. One is used for YTD and one is used for set dining times, early or late. You don't get to choose the dining room on the ship. You pick set or your time dining and the system assigns the appropriate dining room. 

• Like 3

Agree with what starstruck05 said.

I would add that we first tried YTD because we hated the location of the Platinum Restaurant (the one at the back of the ship that has set dining times). We have stayed with YTD ever since.

The problem with the location of the Platinum Restaurant is limited ways to get there which results in crowded conditions and inability to get elevators. The only ways to get there if you are on the deck 3 level are the one set of elevators or the stairs. There is no way forward on that deck. The dining room and the lobby for the elevators and stairs are isolated, an island unto themselves on that floor. You don't want to get there a bit early. If you think elevators can be packed you will be amazed how packed that little elevators/stairs lobby can get with people waiting for the dining room doors to open.

Edited by icft
  • Like 1

I was on the glory with ytd in November and I forget the name of the dining room that I was assigned to, but it's midship and can be entered just behind the main bar at the bottom of the elevator in the lobby. I liked it because I could hang out at that bar and listen to the bands while waiting. Service inside was great every time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smears said:

I was on the glory with ytd in November and I forget the name of the dining room that I was assigned to, but it's midship and can be entered just behind the main bar at the bottom of the elevator in the lobby. I liked it because I could hang out at that bar and listen to the bands while waiting. Service inside was great every time. 

It is the Golden Restaurant and I agree with everything you said 🙂

• Like 2