Cabin upgrade bid questions

KCMiller

If my cruise is booked through my TA, do they need to make the cabin upgrade bid, or can I still click the link in the email I'm sent?  And I'm sailing with friends - is there any way to make sure that both cabins are upgraded?  Likely not, but maybe someone has done this?

And if you upgrade into a suite, do you still get all the Rockstar benefits?

thanks,

KC

You can make the upgrade bid direclty. There is not a way that I am aware of to make sure both cabins are upgraded. No guaranty at all that either or both of you would be. If you upgrade into a suite yes you do get all the benefits of that suite. 

12 hours ago, KCMiller said:

If my cruise is booked through my TA, do they need to make the cabin upgrade bid, or can I still click the link in the email I'm sent?  And I'm sailing with friends - is there any way to make sure that both cabins are upgraded?  Likely not, but maybe someone has done this?

And if you upgrade into a suite, do you still get all the Rockstar benefits?

thanks,

KC

Good luck on the bidding as it does seem more a lottery. 

If your departing Miami they often in Terminal V have a desk where you can pay to upgrade when you arrive, so that’s always a plan B 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lustate said:

Good luck on the bidding as it does seem more a lottery. 

If your departing Miami they often in Terminal V have a desk where you can pay to upgrade when you arrive, so that’s always a plan B 

It isn't a lottery.  It is a computer program that determines the best way to maximize the income for the entire sailing.  There are ways that program could be better, but it is designed to work for Virgin, not for individual cruisers.  Obviously as ship bookings increase, available upgrades will likely decrease.

I've never done this on VV, but have on other lines and have read that VV has it...if you didn't get what you want, go to the upgrade desk in the terminal and learn what it would cost to upgrade prior to boarding.  This can often be less than you might have bid as the idea is to continue to max the revenue for each ship.  and to make available any cabins that might have come available thru a last minute cancelation.  

• Like 4