Which is better a wateproof case or bag?

Bsan1221

I want to be able to take my digital camera on my excursions.

I have been looking to waterproof cases and bags.

The waterproof bags run about $45.00 and looks like this:

Case.jpg

The waterproof case runs about $170.00 and looks like this:

bag.jpg

Does anyone have any opinion about either of these?

Whats better?

I know they advertise the "bags" as heavy duty, but I would be afraid to trust them with my camera. I have two cases (for two different cameras) and love them. Plus, they take good pictures on land without taking them out of the case. In this situation, I think you get what you pay for.

I know they advertise the "bags" as heavy duty, but I would be afraid to trust them with my camera. I have two cases (for two different cameras) and love them. Plus, they take good pictures on land without taking them out of the case. In this situation, I think you get what you pay for.

Thanks for your tip. Am glad to know I do not have to take off the case on land. ;)

I think I'll stop being cheap :p and just spend the money on the case. :D

Thank you :)

just make sure that the case you choose allows you to perform all of the camera funtions that you want. Some only do minimal functions...and if you're mainly doing underwater photography that's probably ok, but some do ALL the functions. Of course, the price will vary.

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time researching this myself. I like to scuba dive and just bought a case. If I was only snorkeling, I might have gone with a bag. From what I can tell the dry bags work just fine, and unless you are going deep you have total access to all your functions. If you have a bag and dive, it works like shrink wrap and gets tighter and tighter the deeper you go. This would make it hard to use your camera's functions which is why I went with a case.

I ended up with a camera and case combo from Sport Chalet for $250. I figured I would keep my nice camera out of the deep and not wory about the one I dive with. The camera is a 3 mega pix and takes pictures just fine. The recovery between pictures is an extra second, but I dont have to wory about destroying my nicer camera.

Also there are underwater cameras that are rated to 60ft. You can find them at most any camera shops.

Sorry to sound like a school girl, but I hope this helps.

PS: Stranger1 sounds like we are going to be on the same cruise.

Archived