Beyond for Teens - Panama Canal

CharmCity2000

Kids and I were scheduled to go on the Constellation in 2019.  I've been waiting for another cruise that fits their winter break.  There is an 11 day PC on Beyond in Dec 2024.  Kids will by 17 and 14 by then.  We've never sailed on Celebrity.  Looking the deck plans, it looks like there is just the teen/kids clubs--is that correct?  So sea day activities would be finding the other kids on the ship and making their own fun?  

As for cabins---I like a balcony because I like the fresh air.  But I rarely sit on the balcony and eat breakfast/drink coffee/read.  I like being around the other people on the ship.  I was looking at cabin 9110 which is a porthole verandah.  I'll be getting 2 cabins--1 with some sort of verandah and 1 inside.  It's an 11 night cruise with 5 port days, 5 sea days, and 1 partial transit day from 6am -3pm.  I can't imagine that I would sit on the verandah through the entire transit.  I've read about the window washing and the partially obstructed view.  I don't think that would bother me but I've never tried it so I really don't know.  I guess my question is---is the transit day something where I'll want to sit on my Balcony and watch?  For context, when we went to Alaska, I did sit on the balcony just to view the scenery but only for a few hours before I got bored.  And my next question is--since this cabin is all the way at the front of the ship, will I feel movement more than the back of the ship?

Edited by CharmCity2000

If it helps, we took our 2 tween/teenagers on the Edge and Millie last year and they had a blast.  Kids club for the tween was fine and the staff there were very good.  Older kid wasn't thrilled with the Basement (I assume Beyond will be same as Edge), but it was good as a fall back plan.  Both kids enjoyed full run of the ship and meeting other kids in the same boat (pun intended).  They also loved spending time together without us.