Flight options from Toronto/Montreal/Ottawa to Athens advice please

Polos12

We finally decided to booked all via AC (better connection): for booking van rides, now deciding between:

i) Welcomepickups: they keep on increasing the quote LOL for (May pickups/drop off: interesting?) - they quote for van with 6 people/6+2 suitcases 115 Euro

ii) Georgtaxi (have not responded yet)

iii) Athensairporttaxi (there are many companies with same name but there is one that is original): so far they have 70 Euro

I think its good to prearrange ride from Airport and Cruirse Port but from Athens city center, we can just ask Hotel to hail taxi for us (should we worry about prebooking those in advance: we will be leaving downtown hotel at sober times: 7AM and 2PM weekday)

Any ideas, thanks.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:26 AM, Polos12 said:

Does anyone has experience with EMIRATES connection from newark....does it get delayed or how is staff of emirates finding alternate flights, customer service (800), check-in assists...just wanted to know in case the flight is cancelled (since they they only fly /day). I plan to leave 2 days before - is it enough risk management to not miss cruise.. 

ii) should we book straight on emirates or go through agent - any pros/cons?

Thanks in advance!

Emirates has an excellent reputation.

If you want some recent information on typical flight arrival/departure delays, try flightaware dot com. You can plug in an airline and flight number then scroll down to see actual arrival/departure information for the past couple of weeks. Of course this is not foolproof or a guarantee, but it does give you a bit of insight. Also helpful because you can find out where a flight originates. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 10:26 AM, Polos12 said:

We finally decided to booked all via AC (better connection): for booking van rides, now deciding between:

i) Welcomepickups: they keep on increasing the quote LOL for (May pickups/drop off: interesting?) - they quote for van with 6 people/6+2 suitcases 115 Euro

ii) Georgtaxi (have not responded yet)

iii) Athensairporttaxi (there are many companies with same name but there is one that is original): so far they have 70 Euro

I think its good to prearrange ride from Airport and Cruirse Port but from Athens city center, we can just ask Hotel to hail taxi for us (should we worry about prebooking those in advance: we will be leaving downtown hotel at sober times: 7AM and 2PM weekday)

Any ideas, thanks.

Have you used booking.com taxi to request a quote? Seems like van for 7 from airport to city centre hotel is around $100