What to do with luggage in Charleston??

Nickymjw1

Hi all,

My dad & DW are visiting from Belgium and will be staying in North Charleston for 10 days. They are getting a rental car and will make day trips to Savannah, the beaches, and spend a lot of time visiting Charleston. The problem is that they have to leave the room at 11am, turn in the rental car at 2pm (at Charleston airport I think), and their cruise doesn't leave until 10PM (Carnival Victory, May 29th). They can take a cab from the airport to the port, however, what can they do with all their luggage while wandering around downtime Charleston until boarding time. (I guess that will be around 6pm or 7pm).

I have sailed out of Charleston myself, and it is not a very busy port, so I don't think they will open early.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks,

Hi all,

My dad & DW are visiting from Belgium and will be staying in North Charleston for 10 days. They are getting a rental car and will make day trips to Savannah, the beaches, and spend a lot of time visiting Charleston. The problem is that they have to leave the room at 11am, turn in the rental car at 2pm (at Charleston airport I think), and their cruise doesn't leave until 10PM (Carnival Victory, May 29th). They can take a cab from the airport to the port, however, what can they do with all their luggage while wandering around downtime Charleston until boarding time. (I guess that will be around 6pm or 7pm).

I have sailed out of Charleston myself, and it is not a very busy port, so I don't think they will open early.

Their hotel will hold their luggage for them. We even had a hotel in London hold our cruise luggage for two weeks as we traveled around the UK, before boarding our ship in Dover. Pre-tip and post-tip the bell person. In addition, I'm sure the ship would accept the luggage by 2:00pm; if fact they could even board the ship and then leave again. I would just swing by the port and drop off the luggage before returning the rental car.

Good Luck!

Kel

Thanks for the info.

I guess I need to call Carnival to see what time they can start dropping their luggage of.

Since their hotel is in North Charleston, and they would have dropped off the car already it would probably be kind of out of the way to leave the luggage their and then take a taxi again to go pick it back up.

I am going to search a little more to see what I can find out.

Archived