Arthurs location... how far of a walk to pick up car?

Natalia

I have a few cars reserved with Arthur for our group of 12 people. Im concerned because I have 2 older ladies in my group who can not walk real long distances. Is Arthurs rental office close to the pier at all? If it is a bit of a walk, is it possible for a few of us to go get the cars and drive them a little closer to pick up the rest of the group... or will we all have to make the walk?

Aurthers is just a few hundred yards from the front gate.The ladies can wait at the port gate while you go pick up the cars. Just turn right out the gate and follow the road around the bend Arthurs is on the left.It is a bit of a walk from the ship to the front gate. But they can take their time while you get the cars.

Hi there,

I was surprised just how close Arthurs was to the Pier.

He was nothing short of "GREAT".

We rented 3 Jeeps and he even drove us back to the shopping area when we were done.

I would highly recommend Arthurs to all.

Cheers

Always - always get insurance while driving in the islands !!!! While on Jamaica we were involved in a "little side swipe" when my Dad forgot to drive on the left.... He stewed and worried all week but then we only ended having to pay $50.00 deductable..... worth every penny ! And most US policies will not cover you there.... you can chec, but its not that much for peace of mind and we rent cars all over the place.

Here is his website: http://www.arthurscarrental.com/index.htm

And here is his email addy: info@arthurscarrental.com

I have had several communications back and forth with him, he is a VERY nice man, very patient. Everyone else here has had nothing but good things to say about him after returning from St Maarten. Obviously, customer service is his priority. Im not sure if his prices are negotiable, you'd have to ask him. Rates probably vary with the seasons, like everything else down there. But no matter what wrench I threw into the equation, he worked out something for me (the # of people in my group as well as the types of vehicles I needed kept changing).

I agree, take the extra insurance. I believe Arthur's ins. cost is $15 per vehicle in addition to the rental rate. I have rental coverage with my regular insurance here at home, but my agent told me a few years back to always take their insurance... it would be worth the few bucks spent for the hassle saved should you ever need it.

Archived