EZ Air - Air Canada seats??

2Oregonians

So apparently you can't get seats on Air Canada right away? 

My question is, WHEN can I pick seats, and how do I do it?

Will it suddenly be "clickable" in my air reservation section?

Do I have to keep calling Princess to see when it's available?

Can I call Air Canada directly?

What has been your timeline for getting seats?

Cruise starts August 12th, but we are flying August 9th.

Thank you!!!

Edited by 2Oregonians

Not sure about EZ air, but we have the air Canada app for when we fly them and can pick our seats if necessary at no charge at the 24 hour check in window. Should also be able to do this through their website with your booking number.

• Like 1

Try pulling up your booking using the airline specific booking reference EZ provided you on the Air Canada website to see if you can select seats.  If not, then that means Air Canada doesn't allow for select selection until the reservation is paid for by EZAir and ticketed, which will be sometime after 45 days prior to your departure date.

• Thanks 1

If you booked the cheapest option on EZair, then even 45 days prior to your cruise, you will not be able to pick seats for free with Air Canada.  You will still have to pay for your seats after the 45 days.   It is only 24 hours prior with cheap seats that you can get your seat allocation for free.  Air Canada is pretty lousy unless you are buying the Lattitude fare and paying in full or the Economy Flex (depending on the route).   And, be watching the clock at exactly 24 hours, because the seats get eaten up quickly. Middles are always available. We never book with EZair.  We prefer to buy directly from silly Air Canada because we have found that the difference between direct with Air Canada and Ezair is maybe $10 bucks.  Yes, you do not have to pay for the air on the spot with Ezair, but it is so not worth it. We like to deal with the beast directly. Complaints so much easier.  Buy insurance and you are all set in terms of cancellations and interruptions and getting to the ship.  All the jazz that Ezair claims to offer.  Not worth the hassle.

• Thanks 2