Vancouver 4*Westin Bayshore 6/12 $80

I must be doing something wrong, I tried for 2 rooms 6/15-6/18 for $95.00 and bid was rejected???

grannynanny-This past Thurs., I called my TA to book Westin for me thru Princess Lines for $129. She said that they had rooms available for $129 PER PERSON!. I decided against that and continued to try Priceline. So- I think since rooms are still available Westin may release some soon. Keep trying. I did-and I was ready to give up. I know some people on these boards got it for cheaper than I did-I'm still pleased w/$80.

The Westin Bayshore is in an excellent location on Coal Harbour in Vancouver within walking distance of Canada Place and Stanley Park. An added bonus is that all Westin are now non-smoking throughout.

Dave

I'm also staying at the Westin Bayshore, pre- and post-cruise in late May, early June. I used Hotwire for pre-cruise and got a room for 3 nights for $80 per. Went back to book post-cruise and the price was waaaayyy higher. So I went to Priceline and got 4 nights for $86 per. Booked both in early Jan. I'm happy. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to add a note to the comments about the Westin Bayshore with Priceline. We just returned from our cruise and stayed at the Westin one night precruise and one night post cruise. The hotel itself is beautiful inside and outside. The views are amazing and the grounds are just beautiful. The hotel was very clean and as others have said, the bathroom is very small.

I was a little upset with the staff our night post-cruise. We went to the hotel after disambarkation and asked if there was a room to checkin (realizing that checkin was not until 4pm) they told us that there was a room availbale but it would be facing a wall. They told us that if we were willing to wait until another room was cleaned, they would give us a room with a better view. okay, sounded like a good deal. The guy told my husband to check back in an hour or two and even gave him a card with a name to call. Sounded like a great deal. We took a long walk around Stanley Park and after a few hours went back. The room had not been cleaned yet but we could still have the room with the bad view. Okay, we'll wait a little more. Well, not to continue boring you with this story but we waited until 4pm and our room was finally cleaned. Of course we watched as bus loads of people had rooms ready. We finally get to our room and the view was the front of the hotel's glass and the view was of glass covered bird droppings! I am sure that they had a great laugh behind our backs. They had also lost some of our luggage that we ahd asked them to store while we waited for our room.

I know I sound like sour grapes. To be honest, we knew that we had gotten a great deal with Priceline and the view was not that important, but, it was offered to us and by the sounds of things, it was going to be nice. This was the first time that we have had a bad experiance because we used Priceline. I guess what I am saying is, do not look forward to any kind of view if you are using Priceline. The rooms are great and comfortable and if that is what your expectations are then you will be very pleased.We would have thought more of them, had they just been honest with us.

Linda

We placed our bid for a Vancouver hotel on 1/30/06 for $65 and got the Westin Bayshore for a total of $79.61. We will be staying there 7/28/06. I am surprised that we got it for that price for that time period.

Archived