Best Cruise Company for ACTIVE adventurers???

RamblingRoses

42 minutes ago, Daisi said:

Actually, on the Ama website, just select "Cruises", then select the cruise you wish to take. Once you have that open, on the top, there will be a series of buttons - overview, itinerary, ships, gallery, dates & prices, and connections. You can find pricing under the dates & prices.

The issue is that doesn’t show you any availability. Which can be key. And for me who often goes alone. It doesn’t show what the solo supplement is going to be in $$

I see what you mean. Sorry, I'm to used to Avalon, where I can book what cabin I want and easily add on extra days both pre and post cruise. 

Thanks for pointing that out, I had been looking at one of the Ama cruises, but maybe not.

12 minutes ago, Daisi said:

I see what you mean. Sorry, I'm to used to Avalon, where I can book what cabin I want and easily add on extra days both pre and post cruise. 

Thanks for pointing that out, I had been looking at one of the Ama cruises, but maybe not.

Don’t let that dissuade you. You can get the final cabin # and price from the online major travel agents. Even book it there if you want. Land extension and extra nights yes you will have to call them. And yes it is call, not request a quote. They will tell you right on the phone what you are asking for. Give you a week to think about it if you want or pay the deposit right then and there. 

Other than my very first cruise I’ve booked now 4 ama cruises (and about that number that covid canceled) straight over the phone.

Edited by CastleCritic

Thanks, but I like to plan everything out and know costs before I go to my TA for booking. If I can't find what I want by the site, I look at other lines. This is also why I avoid Scenic, as they have to many problems with their website. 

I'm perfectly happy with Avalon, and they do have pretty much the same itineraries, so no big deal.