39 day Noordam Cruise from Auckland to Vancouver, March 25 to May 2.

St Pete Cruiser

On 4/13/2023 at 6:26 AM, boulders said:

Thanks for your report! I'll be doing the reverse cruise (San Diego to Auckland) in the fall.

What are the fixed dining times in the evening? 

We did San Diego to Sydney on Noordam in Oct/Nov 2022.  It was one of the best experiences of my life.  I hope you have a similar experience.

• Like 2

We had two sea days after Sydney on our way northeast to New Caledonia. 

It was a needed rest and relaxation time after the port intensive first segment from Auckland. 

Annie Francis, Australian singer and HAL regular, did 60's and 70's songs.

Patrick Robert's, from Melbourne, wowed us with his violin accompanied by the Ocean Bar Band. Yes Ocean Bar has a 4 piece band! Patrick has toured with Sting and he played to a full house both shows as the word got out.

This will be Lincoln Center Stage last cruise as they wind down the regular venue for a touring group. Not happy about that. New shows are coming to Step One gradually ship by ship.

Noumea, capital city of New Caledonia,  was enjoyable.  We opted for the HOHO bus which was just one route. The French influence was strong.  I walked a little further to a Bora Bora style restaurant built over the water which was very nice.   Easo was the second port, a remote community with very little except natural beauty.  Carnival has helped build the dock and shoreside structures. Holland America rarely stops there. Maybe Princess and P&O Australia do more often?

20230411_142812(0).jpg

20230411_142828.jpg

20230411_142755.jpg

20230411_143019.jpg

20230411_143031.jpg

• Like 5