What are you reading? Book suggestions

Captain Crunch

I generally like to read books about destinations that I am cruising to. The last one was "Three Fearful Days" , first hand accounts of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.

Another book I enjoyed was about the Alaskan Gold Rush by Tappan Adney. He was actually there and I enjoyed his description of daily life during that adventure.

I enjoy history mostly. I inherited hundreds of books and I am really into medieval history right now. Currently reading Charlemagne by Matthias Becher. It's a small book that I originally was going to pack for my next cruise, but I will finish it before then.:)

thought I'd toss in a few of my favourites from years past. Used to be an avid reader, but kids, wife and life seem to detour the 3-4 hour reading times....( just joking Honey!!)

One of my favourites from my memory was Caribbean by James A Michener ... a 700 year journey through the islands starting in 1310. Grab a really comfy seat before cracking the cover tho ...800 pages!!

For you light Sci-fi fans ... I can highly recommend "John Carter of Mars" a series by Tarzan author Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Of course for those that have been under a rock somewhere there's always The DaVinci Code.. I enjoyed it

Really interesting new book about the vacation cruise industry and it's history basically starting with Frank Fraser in the 1950's in Miami. It's called "Devils on the Deep Blue Sea" - The dreams, schemes and showdowns that built America's cruise-ship empires. Author's name is Kristoffer A. Garin.

Really interesting new book about the vacation cruise industry and it's history basically starting with Frank Fraser in the 1950's in Miami. It's called "Devils on the Deep Blue Sea" - The dreams, schemes and showdowns that built America's cruise-ship empires. Author's name is Kristoffer A. Garin.

Now that sounds like a keeper...NMnita

Read this last year..It's an eye-opener & really not very flattering about the cruise industry..

Archived