Solstice - Reservations for Murano or Tuscan Grill?

wilsonzoo

We are about a month out from our Alaska sailing on Solstice and I've gone online to see what reservations are available for either Murano or Tuscan Grill, the specialty restaurants.  Every night the earliest availability starts around 8:30PM.   That's a bit late for us.  Does anyone know if they hold back some time slots for people booking when they get onboard, or are those really all that is available?  I didn't really want to be finishing up a fabulous meal at 10PM or later!

Thanks for any tips!

We are on Solstice now. We needed to move a reservation to a different day, but waited until we got onboard to do so. Before we left, the only availability any day in the app was 8:30 or 9:00 pm. That’s too late for us also.

When I checked after boarding they found us a 6:30 pm reservation on another day. I’m not sure if they hold many reservations back or if this was a cancellation, but either way it worked out for us. 

I suspect they do hold some reservations slots back. 

During pre-cruise for our Mexican Riviera cruise on Solstice this past November, online reservations for Murano and TG were showing full or very late.  We poked our heads in Murano relatively early after boarding and there were some reservation slots available at more reasonable times.  We could still get a slight discount for night one; I forget the exact amount but it wasn't as generous as the pre-cruise discount.  YMMV of course.