Suggestions for hotels in Vancouver prior to Alaska cruise

junebug61

2 hours ago, challahmom said:

I have 2 questions about the Pan Pacific: 1.  If we book a Club level room, do we need to book the cruise package or can we just tip the bellman to take our luggage to the port?

and 2.  Is the lounge breakfast sufficient or do we need a rate with breakfast in the dining room too? AAA has a better rate for the Club level room, but it doesn’t come with any extra amenities.

I don't think you need a cruise package to get luggage transfer, we've never had a package and had no issues with transfer and the Club Lounge is adequate for me for breakfast most days, but the cruise package includes a full breakfast.

https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels-and-resorts/pp-vancouver/offers/alaska-cruise-package.html

6 hours ago, challahmom said:

I have 2 questions about the Pan Pacific:

1.  If we book a Club level room, do we need to book the cruise package or can we just tip the bellman to take our luggage to the port?

and

2.  Is the lounge breakfast sufficient or do we need a rate with breakfast in the dining room too?

AAA has a better rate for the Club level room, but it doesn’t come with any extra amenities.

Thank you,

Joanne

We have stayed at the Pan Pacific several times, most recently in April, 2022.  We have not stayed in Club rooms nor have we ever purchased a cruise package.  Each time we have stayed there we have had a bellman come to our hotel room and pick up our luggage.  And of course we have always tipped.

We also were on a cruise which departed from Canada Place in September, 2022.  That time we stayed at the Auberge (where we had stayed in 2018).  In 2022 we booked a lovely suite for less than the Pan Pacific.  The Auberge is about a five minute walk from Canada Place.

• Like 1