Skagway- White Pass Rail

hersheysmom78

Does anyone know if you have to buy tickets in advance for the White Pass Railway in Skagway? Or are tickets generally available throughout the day?  I’ll be traveling with small kids and looking for more flexible options - where I don’t have to do too much reserving in advance for things. Thanks!

The railroad does sell excursion tickets at the railway office. Excursions leave about every hour. They do discount for advanced reservations. If you there on a heavy cruise ship day, individual times within your time in port may sell out. Lots of info, including the excursion schedule at https://wpyr.com/

• Like 1

OK it is $142 to purchase online...$164 via RCCL.

On the White Pass website it says:

"For passengers arriving via cruise ship, this tour is available from your ship’s Shore Excursion Department. By booking through the cruise line, you will be able to take advantage of the dockside service and board the train on the pier alongside your ship."

I do notice that there appear to be days already sold out this season. 

Obvious advantages to booking via cruise ship--if they sell out you are golden; if the ship doesn't stop, you get a refund.

Worth the $22 extra to book ahead?

On 4/22/2023 at 6:47 AM, dfilpus said:

The railroad does sell excursion tickets at the railway office. Excursions leave about every hour. They do discount for advanced reservations. If you there on a heavy cruise ship day, individual times within your time in port may sell out. Lots of info, including the excursion schedule at https://wpyr.com/

They do discount for advanced reservations? I thought check online it's $142 same every day,

The only difference I can think of it's book through Cruise ship (Holland America) $149 avoid risk in case anything happens ship won't dock the port at that day, if book directly through railway office the money is gone.

3 hours ago, ecgz88 said:

They do discount for advanced reservations? I thought check online it's $142 same every day,

The only difference I can think of it's book through Cruise ship (Holland America) $149 avoid risk in case anything happens ship won't dock the port at that day, if book directly through railway office the money is gone.

On the booking web page, it says:

Fine Print:

* Pricing is for tickets purchased in advance of travel. Please book at least 24 hours in advance of travel to receive the price above.