Port of Miami construction etc, still bad? Cruise departs on a Sunday afternoon.

AdoraBelle

Some local friends usually drive me to the port, and in February I felt pretty bad that it took us so long to get that last half mile to our terminal. (Half mile traffic jam/gridlock.) This was about 1pm on a Sunday and there were clearly loads of ships in port. 

Doing the same thing again in a few weeks. Arriving early afternoon again. Just trying to give the friend plenty of warning and the option to decline. 🙂

We went to port of miami a few weeks ago around 11 am on a saturday, while the construction is still in full swing, we had no traffic issues to speak of. We did use the tunnel to access the port as opposed to the popular navigation apps directing us to come in on the local streets around bayside.

hope all goes well for you . Have a great cruise 🛳️

I've had good results using the local streets off Biscayne Boulevard, but the situation can change rapidly if there's a festival or parade.

If your cruise is departing from Terminal J (on the south side of the island) or is on Virgin Voyages (on the west end of the island), there are advantages to using the local access,