Renewal of Vows

fourcruises

We are thinking of doing a family cruise (son, wife, grandaughter; daughter/husband, 2 grandaughters) next April (for our 20th anniversary) and I was wondering if anyone has done the renewal of vows that Princess offers. Specifically how many couples were included (is there a limit) and can your family/travelling companions attend the ceremony and how was it?

Thanks.

Toni and I renewed our vows on the Grand in December, 2005. It was a very nice package. It included a large framed picture, a bottle of champagne, flowers (in the room, corsage, and bouteniere), and maybe a couple of other things that I don't remember. The way they do it on the Grand is this: You are given an appointed time to meet in the steakhouse (it is near the wedding chapel). When you get there, there are other couples waiting also - the steakhouse is a staging area. One of the folks from the cruise director's office talks to you a bit and gives you a bottle of champagne. You sort of meet and greet with the other couples and enjoy the champagne, all the while some couples are being taken to the chapel and other new couples arrive.

When it's your turn, you go to the chapel. If you have guests, they come along with you. We had another couple who were traveling with us go in, sort of as "best man" and "matron of honor" for our ceremony. The captain leads the ceremony, then the shop photographer takes several shots. Then you and your party leave the chapel and the next group comes in. There is room for quite a few folks in the chapel. Probably 20 or so could fit comfortably in there if you have a crowd.

The pictures are available in the photo shop the next day. You pick the one that you want to have framed as part of the package and you can buy additional ones also.

When you buy the package, they won't schedule your ceremony because they say that it depends on what happens with the captain and his requirements, but they say that it will probably happen in the evening of the first formal night. Ours went on that schedule and it worked out great.

If you are thinking of renewing your vows, I recommend this option. It was well done and we were very happy with the way Princess did it.

Regards.

Chuck

I agree with Chuck - It was WONDERFUL. I'm so glad that my husband and I did this. We were on the Golden last November and the night we were 'assigned' for the renewal of vows was not on a formal night - the captain's schedule decides what night it is. We lucked out and the night happened to be our actual 25th anniversary. There were about 5 other couples renewing their vows and Princess does say that they can do them as a 'group' but each of the couples in our group were taken individually into the chapel. We had met a bunch of people on the cruise that came as our 'guests' to the renewal and everyone fit fine. Probably about a dozen of them.

The only thing I would have done differently if I had remembered was the chapel on the Golden had a web cam and I would have told someone at home the time and date so that they could have taped it for us to keep. Besides that it was just perfect!

Friends joined us on Sapphire last month. A significant anniversary for both couples so the other husband and I surprised DWs with the renewal package. There were two options--as I recall, the second was about $100 more. We went for it.

In addition to things mentioned above, we got robes, balcony champagne breakfast, a 30-minute couples massage and...perhaps most unique of all...a tour of the bridge. In fact my buddy and I told DWs we really bought a bridge tour but the renewal ceremony came as part of that package.:D

Regardless of which option you choose, it will be memorable for you. Don't hesitate.

Friends joined us on Sapphire last month. A significant anniversary for both couples so the other husband and I surprised DWs with the renewal package. There were two options--as I recall, the second was about $100 more. We went for it.

In addition to things mentioned above, we got robes, balcony champagne breakfast, a 30-minute couples massage and...perhaps most unique of all...a tour of the bridge. In fact my buddy and I told DWs we really bought a bridge tour but the renewal ceremony came as part of that package.:D

Regardless of which option you choose, it will be memorable for you. Don't hesitate.

What a beautifully romantic thing to do - I applaud you!

I agree with the above, one of if not THE best thing we ever did on a cruise.....or in our whole marriage for that matter.

The vows meant so much more the second time. Let me know if you need more details

Hi, I agee with all above, our package was the same as Chuck and Toni's and it was really lovely, It was for our 25th wedding anniversary on the Grand in 2000, you will find that everybody you have made friends with want's to be there aswell, we all need a little romance now and then!

Just go for it!

The renewal package IS very nice. My parents renewed their vows on board last year (55 years) during a cruise where the whole family was there (including grandcildren). We arranged a cocktail party before the ceremony which was very nice. We were the only ones for the ceremony--no other couples at that time. It was very intimate and special; not a dry eye in the house! What a wonderful way to share a special time with those who didn't get to see it the first time around!

Does anyone have info on who to contact at Princess to arrange this? Better yet, is the service listed somewhere on the Princess web site? I'd love to do this for my parents as they will be celebrating their 50th anniversary onboard the Crown in August.

We set it up through our TA. If you know what TA your parents used do that. Otherwise, you can probably call Princess (1-800-PRINCESS)

Here is a link to the package descriptions on the Princess website:

http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/celebrations/renewal.html

(Reminded me of some of the things I omitted--canapes, souvenir glasses

BTW--this is not added to your cruise account. Must pay separately when making the arrangements.

Archived