Tampa car rental

Katlan

I am trying to decide which car rental agency to go with. icon_confused.gif {Usually when we fly into MCO, we rent thru National Emerald Aisle.}

We are flying into Tampa (4 days pre-cruise), renting a car and spending 3 nights at WDW. The day before the cruise we are driving back to Tampa and have a reservation for 1 night at the Radisson Riverwalk. What I would like to do is to rent the car at the airport and return is somewhere close to our hotel, the port or anywhere downtown. Is this possible? Or do we have to go all the way back to the airport with it? icon_frown.gif

And how much of a problem would it be (or is it even practical) for DH to drop us and the luggage at the port, return the car and then take a cab back to the port? (We did this at Port Canaveral and it worked out great because the drop-off was sooo close)

Any and all help is appreciated! icon_smile.gif

Kath

1/05 It's a ...Miracle Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;1;2;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

...a true blue spectacle,a miracle come true.

a-angel.gif

NCL Seaward 1/96

Carnival Pride 12/02

Carnival Miracle 1/05

Tampa has car rental companies dt. If you call the car rental co. then they will tell you if you can drop it off dt. I may be wrong, but I think you are going to have to drop the car off at the airport rental car company and take a cab from there.

It is possible to drop you off at the ship and return the car then take a cab back to the ship. He needs to get an early start, the ship will leave him if he is not back and aboard at the departure time.

I just returned from WDW, the weather was very hot (and I'm a native Floridian). My family and I drank lots of fluids to keep from dehydrating. If you wish to discuss WDW you can email me at peachyke1@yahoo.com Just put in the subj. line that you are from cc (so I don't delete your email).

Becky

http://community.webshots.com/user/bjkeen100

Miracle Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;11;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

May Eastern Caribbean Carnival Cruise 2006

Miracle 2004

Pride 2003

Regent Rainbow

Sensation 2000

Fantasy 1996, 2001

Hertz has a location downtown near Raddisson (4-5 blocks away)... it is at the Marriott Waterside. close to the pier.

Carnival Paradise 4/01 Western Caribbean

Carnival Paradise 3/02 Southern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04... Is it over already???

We are also doing a three day pre-cruise vacation and renting a car from the airport. The only way we can do this is for my husband to drop us off at the pier and return the car back to the airport and then he will take a cab back to the pier. Its about a 20 minute ride from the airport to the pier. He'll be dropping us off at the pier around 10:00 am.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

SENSATION! FIRST CRUISE! 7/10/04

Thanks Becky and Rob & Tam for the info. I will check into Hertz and see what kind of rate I can get and if we can drop in a different location. We've never rented thru Hertz before - We usually go to WDW about twice a year and use National, but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

otherwise...

Katie - this is our original (fallback) plan. I figured he'd drop us at the pier about 9-ish and go return the car at the airport and cab back to the pier. Knowing full well that we possibly won't get aboard ship until well after noon, I'd rather wait than be rushed and be late. When you get back, will you post here and let us know how the transition went and how long it actually took him to get back to the pier. Pretty please icon_biggrin.gif

thanks again for the info!

Kath

1/05 It's a ...Miracle Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;1;2;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

...a true blue spectacle,a miracle come true.

a-angel.gif

NCL Seaward 1/96

Carnival Pride 12/02

Carnival Miracle 1/05

Archived