British Isles 2024 bookings - nonrefundable deposits

trekkerlady

Hello all.  We are looking into a British Isles cruise in 2024 and I'm finding both the guarantee and select your own cabin rates are nonrefundable!  I was wondering if anyone has run into this and is it possible it's a glitch or is there some other reason they would both be nonrefundable a year or more out?  I've learned so much from folks on here and hope someone is able to shed some light on this.  Thank you!

Which date are you looking at? I looked at a random one on June 8, 2024 for you and I see the non-guarantee as refundable (and only $25 cad more). It may be the “offer” that is coming up when you search. I’ve been told my my CVP that there are numerous offers simultaneously but only the cheapest one for you will show on the website.

It’s also possible that it’s a glitch. The website is full of those too!

Edited by sunviking90

10 hours ago, trekkerlady said:

Hello all.  We are looking into a British Isles cruise in 2024 and I'm finding both the guarantee and select your own cabin rates are nonrefundable!  I was wondering if anyone has run into this and is it possible it's a glitch or is there some other reason they would both be nonrefundable a year or more out?  I've learned so much from folks on here and hope someone is able to shed some light on this.  Thank you!

Could be a glitch, not unheard of on the website. 😳

i’ve noticed, recently, they have been showing  “You Choose” first instead of the lower non refundable Princess chooses for you.  So, they have been making changes to this area.  

If you’re intent on a refundable deposit, which I would, I’d recheck it or have your TA check on it.

10 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Which date are you looking at? I looked at a random one on June 8, 2024 for you and I see the non-guarantee as refundable (and only $25 cad more). It may be the “offer” that is coming up when you search. I’ve been told my my CVP that there are numerous offers simultaneously but only the cheapest one for you will show on the website.

It’s also possible that it’s a glitch. The website is full of those too!

I checked the Regal, June-Sep British Isles and they all show non refundable deposits. So, it was programmed that way. IDK if it’s a change or a glitch.

Hopefully, your TA/CVP can check for you.

Celebrity Cruise Line now has non-refundable deposits and a high fee to make it refundable (like air tickets). The non-refundable deposits are $900 per cabin. I've read about people paying the refundable fee then cancelling later and switching to non-refundable at the last minute. I would be afraid that the fare and air tix would have risen.

Perhaps Princess is following the lead and switching to non-refundable?🤑