cordial in carry on luggage

mazz1

18 minutes ago, mazz1 said:

as the title says can i take a bottle of ginger cordial onboard and is it best in my main luggage or carry on luggage

You can carry on 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I've not had my bottles of wine inspected, so perhaps a cordial bottle might pass inspection. If you have it in your checked bag it will get flagged and you'll have to explain it.. cordial is not wine so it likely will be confiscated.

• Like 1

Here is what is allowed.

"Small quantities of water, dietary supplement drinks, non-alcoholic beer, or soft drinks in boxes and cans are permitted in hand luggage only. Drinks in bottles (glass or plastic) are not permitted. A small quantity is considered a maximum of twelve (12) sealed, unopened cans/cartons of twelve 12 ounces each or less per person." source: https://www.virginvoyages.com/safety-security/prohibited-items

A bottle of Belvoir will look like a bottle of wine (albeit skinny) -- bring it in your carry-on. Technically, it would not be permissible as it is not a can / carton, although I can't see that being too readily enforced.      Scott. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mazz1 said:

as the title says can i take a bottle of ginger cordial onboard and is it best in my main luggage or carry on luggage

Cordial would be considered liquor. Not permitted on the ship. You are supposed carry wine with you onboard. If you put it into your luggage, you will be asked to visit Security to examine your luggage. 

33 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Cordial would be considered liquor. Not permitted on the ship. You are supposed carry wine with you onboard. If you put it into your luggage, you will be asked to visit Security to examine your luggage. 

might be some language mix up here, cordial in the UK is "squash" fruit based concentrate that is alcohol free, we usually dilute it with water or lemonade 

google "Ribena" and you will get the idea 

my title should have said Fruit Cordial to avoid the confusion, sorry about that

i do know that it's definitely not alcoholic, we give it to our toddlers/ kiddies 🤭

Edited by mazz1
  • Like 2