Constellation or Infinity 2024

Punam

We enjoyed both before the pandemic and are considering booking one of these ships for a Med cruise in 2024. I've read all the not great reviews re food being lesser-than in quality and selection. We always book a Sky Suite and like the location of these cabins. That, and the itineray are the attractions for us. But I'd hate to board and find out the cabins are in poor shape (subjective, I know).  Internet says Infinity was refurbished in 2015, 2018 and 2020, so I don't know which is true or what they call refurbishment. New carpets in the hall, or are the cabins clean and updated as well? Has anyone sailed either/both ships over the last year and found them to be ok, or was it a poor experience? Does Celebrity have their act together now, or still struggling with insufficient staff? I appreciate tings can be different in 2024, but I'd appreciate any feedback.

3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Book both than go with the one that has the best reviews in 2024 🤣

Can't do that without losing a deposit somewhere, I don't think?

If wifi if of concern, book constellation.  We sailed infinity dec 2022 (south America) and connie march 2023 (Carribean and central America).  Wifi on infinity was unusable, completely down for 2 days and dropping every 2-10 mins when it's working.  More time spent trying to connect than actual using.  Apply to both streaming and basic.  Forget steaming was the answer when we tried to upgrade from the internet department.   Constellation worked beautifully, no drop on the 11 day cruise, pretty decent speed on basic internet.  We use our free streaming minutes on phone calls, all good.   

Edited by FeelingCruisy
  • Thanks 1

Neither ship has been revolutionized.  The Constellation had a pretty good refresh in July of 2021 just before her restart which included new carpet, paint, furniture, etc. in most of the public areas.  I don't think any of the cabins have had refurbishments since before the pandemic but they were in decent condition when we were on in late 2022 and late 2021.  On both cruises, we really enjoyed the wait staff and food in Luminae but crew and chefs will have changed over several times before your cruise.  I wouldn't hesitate to book the Constellation again.

I haven't sailed the Infinity so I can't speak to the condition of that ship.

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Neither ship has been revolutionized.  The Constellation had a pretty good refresh in July of 2021 just before her restart which included new carpet, paint, furniture, etc. in most of the public areas.  I don't think any of the cabins have had refurbishments since before the pandemic but they were in decent condition when we were on in late 2022 and late 2021.  On both cruises, we really enjoyed the wait staff and food in Luminae but crew and chefs will have changed over several times before your cruise.  I wouldn't hesitate to book the Constellation again.

I haven't sailed the Infinity so I can't speak to the condition of that ship.

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, FeelingCruisy said:

If wifi if of concern, book constellation.

We had excellent WiFi on our 24 days on the Infinity in South American in March.

Rumour has it that the Infinity will be revolutionized in early 2024, though I can't find any official announcement.

• Thanks 1

We have cruised on both ships but only recently with Constellation.  I thought she was in very good shape (including our cabin) and be delighted to sail on her again.  It seems like I have been reading less than stellar first hand reports of late about Infinity on this board.

BF33EB6F-A256-4EDF-8A8E-8484063B2D77.thu

Infinity and Constellation sunning together at Nassau, Nov 2022

Edited by mahdnc

4 minutes ago, Premier1vaCruiser said:

Does the infinity have a retreat deck?  I cannot find it on the website or deck plan. Trying to decide on suite choice   Loved the retreat deck on the summit and enjoyed days at sea. Please advise

Here is Celebrity information on the Infinity retreat , if it not listed , it is not there 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-infinity/the-retreat

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

26 minutes ago, Premier1vaCruiser said:

Does the infinity have a retreat deck?  I cannot find it on the website or deck plan. Trying to decide on suite choice   Loved the retreat deck on the summit and enjoyed days at sea. Please advise

No, the Retreat deck only has been added to ships that have been revolutionized (like the Summit).  Neither the Infinity nor the Constellation have been revolutionized so there is no Retreat sundeck and the lounge is the traditional Michael's Club with the darker woods.