New to Silversea

CalTom

After a lengthy hiatus from travel and cruising, in particular due to the pandemic, I am more than ready to jump on board again. Since 1999 I have been a loyal Crystal cruiser, and have also sailed on Regent, Celebrity, Princess and Cunard over the years.

Since I am not quite ready to go back to Crystal after their recent difficulties, and until they sort things out in resurrecting it with different owners, I decided to try something else.

I booked on the Silversea Shadow for a cruise from Quebec City to New York this fall.

Any advice on what to anticipate or expect knowing prior experience? All helpful hints and suggestions will be appreciated, and yes I know the ship is smaller than the ships I've sailed on before.  After looking over the web site and the ship's specifics I am greatly anticipating the voyage.

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, CalTom said:

After a lengthy hiatus from travel and cruising, in particular due to the pandemic, I am more than ready to jump on board again. I booked on the Silversea Shadow for a cruise from Quebec City to New York this fall.   Any advice on what to anticipate or expect knowing prior experience? All helpful hints and suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Welcome back for travel and cruising.  Although the Shadow is an older Silversea ship, hopefully the staffing and food quality will be up to their traditionally high levels.  

This sailing offers many interesting ports and cities, especially during the fall season.  Weather might have some risks, but there is great, scenic and history options through this itinerary.  Need proof?  We visited, in depth, in the Canada Maritimes.  This includes for your two ports of Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island) and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Need more ideas and options?  Check on the visual summary connected below. 

Like seafood?  Great opportunities in these wonderful areas. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Late Summer 2022, many scenic visuals and details from Canada Maritimes doing Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton Island, etc., via a Tauck land tour.  Visual Summary:

www.flickr.com/photos/196555480@N08/albums

In and near to Halifax, below are some visual samples to reflect the beauty for this part of Canada.  The fourth picture shows people walking on the "ocean floor" at the Bay of Fundy where the tides dramatically rise and fall.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.4705a161e127822ae3d8826a8346dd79.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9131f1f29a7613a55cc8fc2317130265.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b67d32b4762c2a6b7f1266ed8213ca3f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.afb630be06dbf36dc1fe1d81d6a32a97.jpeg

This is an example of the historic area in Charlottetown.:

image.thumb.jpeg.5762a07c070b8f40e9a92f4f2de64cef.jpeg

• Like 4

We haven't sailed on SS in 10 years, although this fall we will hopefully be on the Halifax to Ft. Lauderdale cruise. It will be our 4th voyage with SS. In the past 10 years, we sailed on Regent and Oceania. But this one had some interesting stops, and it fit our time table. I will be curious to see how things have changed, and especially since the Cloud is an Expedition ship. I am excited!

Thanks one and all.

And especially thank you, Terry, for the advice and the photos are wonderful. I so look forward to the trip, and getting back into cruising.  Oh, I do love seafood!

Tom

• Like 1