Keratin treatment on Royal Princess

LuvlyLibrarian

So I splurged and booked a keratin treatment during our cruise but I don’t know what to expect. Has anyone else done this on ship? Did it turn out alright? I haven’t had anything done with my hair in over a decade and it’s starting to get wiry and flyaway. 

On 6/9/2023 at 5:10 PM, LuvlyLibrarian said:

So I splurged and booked a keratin treatment during our cruise but I don’t know what to expect. Has anyone else done this on ship? Did it turn out alright? I haven’t had anything done with my hair in over a decade and it’s starting to get wiry and flyaway. 

I did a keratin treatment on the Sky Princess last winter & I was happy with the results.  I have “virgin” hair (never been colored or permed) that is thick & fine.  The treatment is put on somewhat like color, with a brush, in small sections & then it sets for a while, it’s rinsed out & you are done.  They recommend that you do not wash it or go swimming for 48 hours.  It takes about 2 hours.  The results lasted for 8-10 weeks.  It was less expensive on the ship than what my stylist would have charged me.  It wasn’t as effective as I had hoped & I opted not to have my stylist do a repeat treatment.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2023 at 3:10 PM, LuvlyLibrarian said:

The first time I had keratin and a cut onboard the Royal. it was amazing. Glossy hair, easy styling. Six months later on a different ship, Ruby, it was a literal nightmare. The stylist didn’t apply the keratin solution correctly and burned my hair, breaking off a LOT of it and the result was anything but glossy.

My recommendation is to check in with the desk onboard and ask some questions about who will be doing your treatment rather thank book ahead and not know what you are getting.

Best case, you will have glossy, beautiful hair. Worst case, your year will be a broken mess. Personally, I’m not booking the service onboard anymore unless I ask a TON of questions.

• Thanks 1