Planning my first B2B on Ascent

binro01

So I’m planning my first ever B2B cruise on the Ascent. 

I would like to ask experienced B2B cruiser here, what things should I plan, what should I expect and what did you wish you knew about before going on your first B2B cruise.

My wife and I are excited to check off this “cruise to do” list item in the near future. Thanks for all your knowledge and help!

We have done many consecutive cruises from b2b on up to 5 cc. 

The wonderful thing is the feeling when you don't have to pack up and leave! You will likely be required to leave your cabin at a set time. 

Depending on the cruise line and the location, you may or may not be required to get off the ship, often just long enough to come back on with your new card. On some we, along with others continuing, simply stay in a lounge or location mandated until a set time.

Enjoy your first b2b, they can be habit forming!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SPacificbound said:

Depending on the cruise line and the location, you may or may not be required to get off the ship, often just long enough to come back on with your new card.

We are doing our first B2B on the Celebrity Ascent. Will we need to disembark the ship or will we have a designated area?

Is there any perks that I might not know about? We are staying in the same cabin so I hear we will not have to pack.

Should I tip my cabin steward 2x? (At the end of each leg?)

Just now, binro01 said:

We are doing our first B2B on the Celebrity Ascent. Will we need to disembark the ship or will we have a designated area?

Is there any perks that I might not know about? We are staying in the same cabin so I hear we will not have to pack.

Should I tip my cabin steward 2x? (At the end of each leg?)

I can't answer as to what the plan will be for your B2B.

You are correct, you do not have to pack.

• Thanks 1

Prior to the B2B turnaround day you will receive a succinct instruction letter regarding the turnaround day process on your itinerary.

You will definitely not need to pack your luggage.

We tip our stateroom attendant at the end of each leg of a B2B as you do not know if you will have the same attendant for the next leg.  Even if the stateroom attendant believes they will be assigned to your sector they may be moved at last minute to a different sector.

And remember that B2B guests and embarking Zenith Captain's Club members are invited to the concierge embarkation lunch.  Also remember that internet minutes and non-refundable OBC does not carry over to the next leg. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1