Formal Nights Showing on Timeline

david63

7 hours ago, gcornell said:

For my 7/23 Med Cruise mine showed up within the last month so in this case about 60 days prior to sailing.  Only 1 for us on a 9 night cruise.

I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they would have more formal nights, not fewer.  At least from the male perspective: if I am going to pack the full dinner jacket kit, why not use it more than one night?

Of course, for ladies it is a bit different.  They would have to bring multiple dresses.  But for a guy it's pretty easy: just a second shirt and you're pretty much good to go for two nights instead of one.

Just now, gcornell said:

I was surprised there was only one but I’m guessing, just guessing, that it’s a very port intensive with no sea days. 

You are probably correct.  Not too many sea days in the Med.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, Rothko1 said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they would have more formal nights, not fewer.  At least from the male perspective: if I am going to pack the full dinner jacket kit, why not use it more than one night?

Of course, for ladies it is a bit different.  They would have to bring multiple dresses.  But for a guy it's pretty easy: just a second shirt and you're pretty much good to go for two nights instead of one.

Yes, as one of the ladies you do have to bring more than one dress, not because we could not wear one twice but most would not like to. I do try and bring dresses that can be worn with the same dress shoes and bag as they take up the room in the luggage. 

Does anyone know how many formal nights to anticipate on a 71 day grand Voyage South America? 

Edited by JSR