Renting car in Port Canaveral after cruise?

Sailing on the Mariner week of Sept 10th. Will be flying home from Orlando late afternoon or early evening on Sept 17th. Thinking of renting a car in Port Canaveral at end of cruise to drive four of us back to Orlando. Looks like rental car price will be about the same or even less than transfers plus could check out Orlando before flight home. Won't be using transfers to get to port so, if anything would just need them one way. Has anyone ever rented a car after a cruise in Port Canaveral and if so, do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Yes several times, we used Budget. Their place is basically across the road from the port(not walkable). Make your reservation, they will pick you up, drop the car off at Orlando airport. It's really easy & a great way to see other things. We like to get a late flight & go to Disney for the day.

As mentioned budget avis thrify all have shuttles that will pick you up at the pier, recommend you book a car ahead of time. We did a comparision with all of them got a regular car for 33.00 for the day and we were dropping it off in Tampa as that was where our flight was from got upgraded to a convertible so it was a wonderful ride

We used Thrifty and would highly recommend them, used them on our trip coming down from boston to tampa car at the aiport and dropped it off at port canaveral

Pete

I'm using the double upgrade coupons in my Entertainment book to rent a car to get from MCO to P'Can and back for my Mariner cruise in just over two weeks. I called several of the local offices in P'Can and Budget had the nicest folks to talk to, very reassuring and happy to help, 24 hour service at MCO and open on Sunday in Port Canaveral.

I'm using the double upgrade coupons in my Entertainment book to rent a car to get from MCO to P'Can and back for my Mariner cruise in just over two weeks. I called several of the local offices in P'Can and Budget had the nicest folks to talk to, very reassuring and happy to help, 24 hour service at MCO and open on Sunday in Port Canaveral.

If you use the Entertainment coupon, do they need to know ahead of time or can you use it day of?? Thanks!! :confused:

We also rented from Budget. It was much cheaper to rent a one-way car for our group of 7 (minivan - I think it cost us about $65 there and $80 back) than to buy transfers. We just drove our rental to the Budget in Port. Canaveral and returned it, jumped on the shuttle to be taken to the ship. On our return, we got on shuttle to get to Budget, got car and returned it at the airport. Very easy and very quick. And I found that compared to the other rental companies, Budget at that time offered the best rate.

Archived