On the Joy to Bermuda, which snorkeling trip is best for a ten year old beginner?

NCL's shore excursions list: Glass Bottom Boat and Snorkel, Catamaran Coral Reef Snorkel and Restless Native Catamaran Sail and Snorkel (or Swim and Snorkel).  Wondering if anyone has experience with taking kids on these.  Thank you in advance!

I took the glass bottom boat and snorkel. The boat ride was nice and seeing the wreck through the glass bottom was interesting but the snorkeling area they took us too was lousy. It was good for someone who doesn’t swim well as there were currents outside of the area that we were in. I think that they took us to a very safe area for swimming but there wasn’t much to see. It was probably the worst snorkeling I have ever done but might be enough for a child who just wants to see a few fish in an easy to swim area.

I have taken the restlessness native. It is very good. I am taking it again when I go in July. You do not have to snorkel. They give you a noodle and you can just hang in the water. They also have kayaks and other stuff to use in the water. Restless Native is awesome. It is cheaper to book directly with Restless Native than Ncl. 

• Like 1

I took the Restless Native excursion (through Viator not NCL) in 2017. It was a fun catamaran ride to the destination and it anchored in a sheltered cove, with stairs that descended into the water. I'm not a strong swimmer and felt comfortable with the conditions. The included SUPs, noodles, and kayaks (if I'm remembering the latter correctly) made for a nice mix of activities. I'd recommend it as Bermuda excursion.

• Like 1